Monday, June 13, 2011

Slow down on I800-A

Well, it seems since we sent our application to immigration, way back in the middle of April, that they have slowed down the approval process by at least 2 weeks. It was running about 50 days, today we are day on 55. The last I checked on Friday June 10th, we did not have an officer assigned to us yet.

Some days it so very hard when you sit in the "slow lane" to check out at the grocery store. Then there are days when you believe God is working and wants you in that slow lane, so just sit back and enjoy the "ride".

Fortunately, this adoption has been teaching me a LOT about patience, joy and faith. Some fruit of the spirit qualities, just what I need.

My daughter also reminded me today that "whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24

The asking is not the hard part for me, it is the believing. Lord, I need Your belief, Your faith. I need You to teach me how to believe. I believe you want us to be blessed by this little boy.


For us to travel sooner than later, preferably before the end of the year, we need this approval this week.
Please join us in prayer for approval this week!
























2 comments:

Matt and Maria said...

Hi April,
We are in a pretty similar stage of the adoption process, and your thoughts in these posts are so similar to what I've been struggling with God about lately. It is hard to really believe that God is able to care for our little guy more when he is not in our arms that we can once we get him. I know it is true though. Our prayers are already changing the lives of our sons because we serve a God who saves. Hold tight!

Maria (I found you on adoptcleft yahoo group....)

Mortensen Family said...

Hi April,

Just saw your post. I am sorry that the USCIS approval process has slowed down so dramatically. I'll be praying the approval comes or is already there and you can start the next step to getting your DTC. In the meantime, I will also be praying that God would encourage you as you wait. Blessings and prayers, Colleen

Post a Comment