Friday, June 24, 2011

Prayers Were Answered!

On Friday June 17th, we were assigned an officer and approved for our I800A! We received it in the mail 2 days ago, and yesterday we drove it to our State Department for authentication. Then I walked right down to Fed Ex from the State Department and Fed-Exed the document overnight to a courier in Washington DC. She will have it authenticated by the Federal State Department and the Chinese Embassy on Monday and straight to our Agency.


Whew! One little week or so later we should be Dossier To China!! I am doing the happy dance. This is a huge step- our country, of good ole' America, giving us permission to adopt from China. Now we need China's permission.


A couple of more updates:

We have decided to change Asher's middle name to Thomas (after my great-grandfather) then Quan.
So it will be "Asher Thomas Quan". I so look forward to showing you all his picture soon! As soon as China gives us approval we have permission to do so.


And more exciting news is that we were approved for a $2500 matching grant from Lifesong. We have until August 8th to raise the funds for the matching grant.

 Thanks again for your prayers.

2 comments:

Marci said...

Hi April! I accidentally deleted your email (still getting used to gmail!) so thought I would say "hi" here! Things are going well with us, just doing the usual family stuff. :D I am sooo excited to be reading the updates on Asher and glad you have this blog here...and it was especially fun to see the dossier pictures so I could catch back up on the rest of your beautiful family as well. Love you guys!

Mortensen Family said...

Congratulations! I know that it was a long wait! I'll be praying as you wait to be DTC. As an update for us, we were matched from the June list and are now doing our research with doctors. We are hopeful that all will be positive. Blessings, Colleen

Post a Comment