Saturday, July 9, 2011

Making Some Things for Asher

While we are on summer break I am trying to do some projects.
Two of them were a tag blanket for Asher (we call it a "Snuggle") and a weighted blanket for him too.
Weighted blankets are known for helping a child with sensory issues feel calm and sleep better. It will almost be a guarantee that Asher will have sensory issues.They sell for up to $200 or more! I knew we couldn't afford that and so I found a few easy on-line tutorials and made one myself. 


Here is a tutorial that I started with.


Pattern


I did add a little bit more to the pattern. I sewed a double edge around the sides, in order to insure that beads won't be all over my carpet. I also folded the top as neatly as I could and sewed that down.


Here is some pictures of Snuggle and the blanket:


                          Lenea is modeling Asher's little blanket with tags, otherwise known as "Snuggle".




                                             Here I am sewing up the Weighted Blanket.


 The finished blanket- it has 4 1/2 lbs of polly pellets in it and feels cozy. It took about 2 hours total to make.


 Lenea is trying it out for you. I was going to let her nap with it, to see if she wanted one, but she is too particular about her own traditions and she refused to take it with her to nap. Oh well, I am glad I made Asher's first.




                                         Funny, she likes to snuggle and play with it though! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment