Monday, May 2, 2011

Not A Lot Of New News...

Today is 2 weeks since our immigration application was received at USCIS. We did get our fingerprint appointment in the mail last Friday. It is scheduled for May 16th at 2:00. We are still debating how to handle it. We had hoped to do an earlier "walk-in" appointment, as sometimes that speeds up the process a tiny bit. But because of my surgery and recovery coming, not sure if the timing will actually work out to that benefit. The office is not in the greatest part of a city an hour away from us, and technically we aren't supposed to bring our children to the office... So, this will be a walk of faith and waiting for God to lead us in this way. 

I need to finish gathering our family pictures and send to our agency so they can get the most of our dossier authenticated in Washington DC., which takes 2 weeks. Then when I receive our last document, approval from USCIS, I will pay a courier to expedite that and have it to my agency in 4 days.Then once that is done, all our paperwork goes to China!!! I will do such a happy dance that day. I can't wait.


Looking at all of that, and the latest stats on immigration approval (I800-A) is up to 60 days for approval now, we have some waiting still. I am learning through all of this adoption that I am not good at waiting for some things, especially a blessing from God. I know this little boy is going to be ours. I have faith he is being well cared for, while we do everything we can to bring him home. I believe God is refining us as we learn to walk in faith and trust Him alone for giving us this blessing. But, as I sometimes say to Jay, "This dieing to myself hurts and my flesh is kicking and screaming all the way to the grave." 

I look forward to being on the other side, but until then I am going to keep my eyes on the Lord, trusting Him and His timing, instead of man's and my own.







1 comments:

Lisa said...

Trusting God's timing...it's the best place to be! But, not easy - I SO understand that! We brought our kids at least once or twice when we were fingerprinted. :)

Post a Comment